Saturday, September 11, 2010

Invites Templates 25th Birthday

¿Por qué no soy feliz?

the other day I read an article in the newspaper El Pais, titled "Why am I not happy?" and I really enjoyed the stories they told. Although we know that we smile, we try to be happy in spite of some things that happen to us sometimes need that put us ahead for consciousness. I put two stories of all they have for that you read.

Pilarín Romero de Tejada

"If your goal is love, your result will be happiness"

89. Widow. Retired. Thanks to her husband, with whom he was married 60 years, learned to "love unconditionally."

"I remember having suffered much in my childhood. My mother died when I was two. Already in school, I asked my friends what it felt like to hug their moms. And at age 10 I lost my father, who was my reference. Moreover, this then was full of gaps and complex. I looked very ugly. Compared with my sisters, who were all blonde and pretty, I was a weirdo. And so, orphaned and without self-esteem, I felt so sad seeing him all black. But this distorted view changed at 17 when I met Albert, the man of my life. Next to it I realized I was not happy because I wanted to myself. Why it was so dependent on the love and approval of others. I began to caress me and see me with different eyes. Ugly things stopped me and started to feel more beautiful. And as I left feeling better about myself, I realized that being multiplied when loved people around me. That's how my selfishness gradually died of starvation. Alberto died in my arms for almost two years. So I thought it would not be able to cope. I wither like a flower which was deprived of its water and light. But no. I experienced the grief with gratitude for the wonderful life we \u200b\u200bhad together. He has been my teacher and my great love. With him I learned that nothing can make us much damage as our thoughts. And the important thing is not what can others do for us, but what can we do for others. Life is so wise and generous that does not give us what we want, but we need to learn to be happy with ourselves. Also, if you find the well-being within you, everything else will come easily. And it is so easy to say, given for a few years of learning. And please, do not believe me ... Experience it for yourself. "

Albert Figueras

" The secret of happiness is to value your life as it is "

48. Living with Partner and has two children. Medical and broadcaster. For years he has studied what science says about the pillars of true being.

"I used to believe that happiness was a state of grace that few could achieve. And to be one of those privileged to follow the model was determined by the society: to study a degree, get a good job, buying a home, get married, have children ... Not that I feel particularly unhappy, but as I was crossing the road had the feeling of not hold still "the happy podium." My days were marked by the weariness that comes over you while you wait, not knowing too well what. Maybe it was because of this that I became interested in the neural basis of happiness. Science says that we perceive how we feel thanks to the contrast. So, when we reach some external wealth is easier to realize our inner poverty. I learned that happiness, perhaps caused by a substance called oxytocin is to appreciate the little great things that happen to us every day. And those brief moments when it appears easily escape the desire to want something to happen is not happening. The desire to put our focus on what we have, what we lack, in what could be better, causing us a great deal of suffering. Desire leads us to bask in past memories and future daydreams fantasizing, losing all this time, which is the only one where we can connect with happiness. The challenge is to take nothing for granted, appreciating all that is part of our lives. More than anything, because what is valued is more enjoyable, while what is not valued ends losing. "

Being happy is something we all want. Something that we strongly. But as the article says, the we as the society determined, and that's what keeps us from being happy. Why do not we pursue happiness wherever they tell us. Wherever we teach. We must look within ourselves. In doing what we want, not what we forced to do. Feeling good about yourself is the first step to begin to be happy.

In most cases, to impose a goal such as "Be happy" we put a big barrier that makes it impossible to skip it, creating for anxiety and suffering. Sometimes it seems we love to suffer, because instead of looking forward, we stir in our suffering, what prevents us to the next level and thus begin to be happy. When we have a headache, we have two choices, complain again and again that it hurts and do nothing to make that pain go away (to suffer), or rest a while and even have a pill (combat). All we know what to do when we have a headache ... even have a pill does not want to suffer. Why then do the opposite in other aspects of life? Why not take remedy and continue to suffer endlessly? Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional . Do not forget.

For those who want to read some case:
http://www.elpais.com/articulo/portada/soy/feliz/elpepusoceps/20100808elpepspor_9/Tes

0 comments:

Post a Comment